Visual And Performing Arts Academy
- In both visual and performing arts, the focus is on development of the imagination and creative thinking processes, which are integral to the development of students.
- Visual and performing arts, programs explore the scholarly and practical study of a wide variety of artistic techniques and styles. Within the visual and performing arts is a range of educational opportunities and exploration.
- The arts are a specific and integrated part of the curriculum. Students learn the arts as discrete subjects, each with its own unique content and standards, and, where appropriate, connect the arts to concepts and themes from the academic curriculum.
- Arbolita is looking into a partnership with the Kennedy Center to provide VAPA programs.
- Teachers may be trained during the school year in integrating the arts in the content areas.
- Teacher training will include an Integration of art, music and/or theater within the content area to enhance the core curriculum.