The Intradistrict Transfer Application (Yellow form) window closes on February 9, 2018.
Please submit the yellow application form to the District Office by 3:30 p.m. on Friday, February 9, 2018. It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to make sure the application has been submitted.
An Intradistrict Transfer is a school transfer within the La Habra City School District boundaries. Although intradistrict transfers provide the opportunity to choose a school other than the school of residence, it is important to note that under current District Board Policy AR 5116.1 an intradistrict transfer application may be denied for any one of the following reasons:
- Actual student enrollment at a school may not fall below or exceed previously established capacity.
- No student currently residing in the attendance area of his/her assigned school shall be displaced from his/her assigned school by students transferring from outside the school’s attendance area.
- Students exercising the option to transfer to an alternate District school must provide their own transportation except for the Dual Immersion program.
- A request to attend a District school other than the school of residence may be denied based upon documented attendance issues.
- A request to attend a District school other than the school of residence may be denied based upon documented misconduct of the student at another District school.
Although intradistrict transfer space is available at every campus, it is anticipated that some schools may have a limited number of spaces available. In any instance where the number of intradistrict transfer requests exceeds the space available, the filling of spaces will be determined by the date and time of the applications submitted. Requests that are not selected will be placed on a waiting list.
Eligible applicants not selected during the intradistrict transfer selection pro-cess may not appeal the fact that they were not selected unless it can be demonstrated that there is good reason to believe the random and unbiased selection process was not conducted properly.