- In the TK-6 setting, STEAM will explore problem solving curriculum and challenge students through exploration, discovery and real life problem solving.
- It is important to note that STEAM is not a program, but a philosophy. In the real world, content knowledge is interwoven across the curriculum. The "Critical C's" of Collaboration, Cooperation and Communication are emphasized through project-based learning, usually through interdisciplinary (across subjects) activities.
- STEAM provides the underpinnings for every child to be successful in college, work, and life. STEAM graduates are problem solvers, innovators, inventors, and logical thinkers. They are able to take advantage of opportunities through post-secondary institutions and businesses.
- Walnut is looking into Project Lead The Way – Launch, and collaborating with the Tiger Woods Foundation to develop their STEAM focus.
- Teacher trainings will include STEAM targeted professional development and preparation during the school year.