iPad Insurance Program
What is the LHCSD Voluntary iPad Insurance Program?
The La Habra City School District is proud to be able to provide an iPad device to all students within the District. The iPad will be issued to your child for their use at school and home. We also understand both students and parents are concerned about keeping these tools secure and in good working order. In response, the District has developed a voluntary LHCSD iPad Insurance Program. The iPad Insurance program works as follows:
- The cost of the iPad Insurance Program is $10 for all participating students
- Coverage must be purchased within 30 days of receiving this notice.
- In the event a student’s iPad is accidentally damaged, the cost for repair (typically between $30.00 and $300.00) will be waived and the iPad will be repaired at no cost to the family (the number of covered repairs per year is capped at two). Willful and purposeful damage will result in a fine for the full value of the repair. Damage assessment will be at sole discretion of the District.
- In the event that an iPad is lost or stolen, the fine for full replacement of the device of $379.00 will be reduced to a $100.00 deductible. Upon payment of this fine (or creation of an approved payment plan), the student will be issued a replacement iPad. However, will not be eligible to enroll in the LHCSD iPad Insurance Plan for a second time in the same school year and will be financially responsible for full replacement costs associated with this second iPad. If the iPad is stolen off-campus, it is required to file a police report within 24 hours of the incident. A copy of the report must be submitted to the District.
- If the lost or stolen iPad is recovered in good working condition, the fine will be refunded in full.
- Families who choose to enroll and have more than two children receiving iPads will only be required to pay for a maximum of two iPad insurance enrollments to cover all devices per school year.
- Exclusions – The charger, protective case and any other peripheral issued with the iPad are not covered by the LHCSD iPad Insurance Program. If these items are lost or damaged, a fine will be issued for replacement cost. An equivalent replacement item may be accepted in lieu of the fine at the sole discretion of the La Habra City School District Technology Department.
- If a family leaves the District, but does not return the iPad, a fine will be used for the full replacement cost and standard rules for restrictions of records and transcripts will apply. The District will send a signal to the device to render it unusable.
Families can view our entire iPad Insurance form here prior to completing the process in Parent Portal. Please opt in to our voluntary iPad insurance program by completing the Data Verification process in our Parent Portal at lahabraschools.org/parentportal.