Board of Education
Students and Families,
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year. This school year the La Habra City School District reconfigured to TK-6 elementary schools, and 6-8 and 7-8 middle schools. All of our schools have a new focus to meet the diverse learning interests of students.
We are excited to announce our new magnet schools!
- Arbolita, Visual and Performing Arts (TK-6)
- El Cerrito, Code to the Future (TK-6)
- Ladera Palma, Spanish Dual Immersion (TK-6)
- Las Lomas, Entrepreneur Exploration (TK-6)
- Sierra Vista, No Excuses University (TK-6)
- Walnut, STEAM Academy, (TK-6)
- Las Positas, International Baccalaureate 2018 Candidate (TK-5)
- Imperial Middle School, International Baccalaureate 2018 Candidate (6-8)
- Washington Middle School, Project Lead the Way, STEM, and Music.
Each magnet school focuses on academic success, personal and social development, and career and college readiness for all students.
To meet the needs of students from birth to 5 years in our community, we have expanded the number of classes of our
School Readiness Program to three locations: Las Lomas, El Cerrito, and the La Habra Library. Our School Readiness Program offers a variety of classes and curriculum to support parents in providing their children early childhood educational development skills.
We are committed to helping students develop 21st century technology and communication skills. This year we are refreshing 1400 iPads in grades TK-5 to give students greater opportunities to learn, engage, communicate and develop digital citizenship skills that will prepare them for the future.
Our school district has a comprehensive Wellness Program where all schools stress nutritional foods to eat, organized activities for students during their Physical Education class as well as during recess and lunch. We have successful community partnerships that help our students lead a healthy life style and support our students to become productive citizens in the global society
Our outstanding and dedicated teachers, support staff, and administrators strive to have a mutually supportive relationship with families and our community partners. We are ready for an exciting and successful school year.
Ida MacMurray, President
Board of Trustees