- Las Positas Elementary School (grades TK - 5) is an authorized International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP) World School.
- The PYP continuum of international education is unique because of its global perspective, academic inquiry method of instruction and personal rigor.
- The PYP website, www.ibo.org, is an excellent resource on the Primary Years Programme (PYP).
- Each grade level collaborates weekly (teachers) to incorporate the IB philosophy, standards and themes throughout the curriculum through the transdisciplinary themes. All teachers work closely with the IB Coordinator.
- IB is a framework; the existing Common Core State Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and district curriculum are designed to fit within the framework.
- The program is school wide and open to all students of any academic level (TK - 5th grade).
- For videos of students in action visit the following website:
- All teachers will participate in PYP training and professional development. There are training sessions in the summer and throughout the year.