Transfers Application Window for the 2024-2025 School Year 2/1/2024 - 3/15/2024
An IntraDistrict Transfer is when parents/guardians wish to enroll their student(s) at a school other than the designated school that is in their attendance area within the La Habra City School District. All IntraDistrict applications must be sumbitted during our transfer application window.
Although IntraDistrict Transfers provide the opportunity to choose a school other than school of residence, it is important to note that under current District Board Policy AR 5116.1 an IntraDistrict transfer application may be denied for any one of the following reasons:
- Actual student enrollment at a school may not fall below or exceed previously established capacity.
- No student currently residing in the attendance area of his/her assigned school shall be displaced from his/her assigned school by students transferring from outside the school’s attendance area.
- Students exercising the option to transfer to an alternate school within our District must provide their own transportation, except for the Dual Immersion program.
- A request to attend a school within LHCSD, other than the school of residence may be denied based upon documented attendance issues.
- A request to attend a school within LHCSD, other than the school of residence may be denied based upon documented misconduct of the student at another District.
- In addition, once a student has been approved to their designated school of choice, that school becomes their designated school of attendance (home school) through the completion of their last elementary school year. A new application must be submitted if the student would like to attend a middle school other than their school of attendance.
Although IntraDistrict space is available at every campus, it is anticipated that some schools may have a limited number of spaces available in certain grade levels. In any instance, where the number of IntraDistrict transfer requests exceeds the space available, the filling of spaces will be determined by the date and time of the applications submitted. Requests that are not selected will be placed on a waiting list.
How to submit an IntraDistrict Request:
- Complete the Aeries Online Registration
- Complete the Enrollment Verification Process with your school of residence
- Log in to your Aeries Parent Portal
- Select Student Info > School of Choice
- Create your New School of Choice Request and Submit
- When completing the Aeries Online Registration, parents/guardians will need to register their child with their school of residence.
- If a student previously attended a school withing LHCSD and is returning, you do not need to complete the Aeries Online Registration, Skip to step 3 above.
- If you previously submitted and were granted an Intra-District permit, you do not need to reapply each year.
InterDistrict Transfer into LHCSD
An InterDistrict Transfer into LHCSD is when a parent/guardian who lives outside of our district boundaries wishes to enroll their student(s) into the La Habra City School District.
All Inter-District Transfer Renewals must be initiated in the district of residence. Permits are valid for ONE YEAR with the La Habra City School District and must be renewed EVERY SCHOOL YEAR. There is no guarantee of future renewal. The parent/guardian is responsible for providing transportation.
InterDistrict Transfer out of LHCSD
An InterDistrict Transfer out of LHCSD is when families reside in our district boundaries and want to exit the La Habra City School District.
When submitting your application you must attach supporting documentation (acceptable documents are listed on the backside of the transfer agreement). Additionally, a meeting with the principal is required as part of the application process, the home school visit form must be signed and turned in along with the application (New Requests and Renewals).
Completed application must be submitted to the District Office or via email to [email protected].
Please note that incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Board Policy Regarding InterDistrict Attendance
- InterDistrict Transfer Agreement (English, Spanish)
- Home School Visit Form
- Child Care Form
If you disagree with the decision of LHCSD you can appeal in writing within 30 days of the date on your denial letter.
Your appeal may be emailed to [email protected] or dropped off or mailed to:
La Habra City School District
500 N. Walnut St.
La Habra, CA 90631
If you disagree with the decision of LHCSD Appeal Board, you may initiate an appeal with the Orange County Department of Education by calling or emailing [email protected], at (714) 327-1052 within thirty (30) calendar days from the date of the final denial letter.