The California Senate Bill 277 (SB277) requires all students under age 18 years, pre-kindergarten through grade 12, to be fully vaccinated to attend school unless they have a medical exemption. California Law (SB276) requires medical exemptions to be registered, reviewed and approved by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). Register for a medical exemption on CAIR-ME. Visit here for additional information on medical exemptions.
|K-12 Admission||4 Polio||5 DTap||
3 Hep B
|2 MMR||2 Varicella|
|(7th - 12th)||K- 12 doses||+1 Tdap|
|7th Grade Advancement||+1 Tdap||2 Varicella|
Children entering UTK/TK/Kindergarten through 12th Grade must have:
- 4 Polio (3 doses meet requirement if at least one was given on or after the 4th birthday);
- 5 DTaP (4 doses meet requirement if at least one was given on or after the 4th birthday; 3 doses meet requirement if at least one was given on or after the 7th birthday);
- 3 Hep B;
- 2 MMR (both doses on or after 1st birthday);
- 2 Varicella.
Children entering grades 7-12 must have:
- All of the above
- 1 Tdap booster shot given on or after the 7th birthday
* Your child will be excluded from attending school if these requirements are not met.
Please contact your child’s medical provider to make appointments for immunization shots. Some other accessible resources for immunizations are OHCA Immunization Services and LHCSD Medical and Immunization Clinic.