Early Learning Preschool Program
Welcome to the home of the Preschool Pandas!
Our Early Childhood Special Education Classrooms support students (ages 3 through 5) with intensive needs in the areas of communication, vision and hearing, motor skills, social-emotional behavior functioning, and self-help skills.
Below are the necessary steps in obtaining a referral for an evaluation for special education eligibility for preschool assessment for your child who is between the ages of three to five years and lives within the La Habra City School District attendance area:
- The family initiates the referral for a special education assessment.
- The Preschool team will contact the family to schedule an intake meeting.
- If assessment is determined necessary, the family is provided an assessment plan and District enrollment information.
- The family will review the proposed assessment plan and indicate consent for the assessment by signing the consent section of the document and returning this form to the Early Learning Assessment Center at Las Lomas School.
- During the assessment process, evaluation and observations will be scheduled so the specialists can obtain sufficient information for determining present levels of functioning and eligibility for special education services.
The La Habra City School District Early Learning Assessment Center is dedicated to providing a comprehensive assessment for preschool children. Our goal is to identify individual needs and determine each child's eligibility for special education services under the California Education Code and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, 2004. We are committed to working collaboratively with you so your child can reach their highest potential.
La Habra City School District's Early Learning Preschool Program and Assessment Center are located on the Las Lomas School campus. We are open daily to support our children and families from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.If you have questions, please feel free to contact our Early Learning office at (562) 690-2386.
We look forward to meeting you and your child!